Saturday, February 4, 2012

Like Father, Like Sons and Daughter

This past Friday marked the 4th anniversary of my husband’s death.  I have learned that it doesn't get easier.  I miss him as much today as that day 4 years ago.  As the day went by, I found myself thinking about my kids.  I read some things that they had written about their dad and I was reminded that although Dan is no longer with me, he lives through his children.  It’s the sense of humor that you can’t help but smile about.  It’s the patience and care that is shown for children. It’s the friendliness that quickly dispels being a stranger.  It’s the encouraging word when it’s needed.  When I look at my children, I see their father.  The resemblance is unmistakable.
John 14:9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?  

No comments:

Post a Comment