Sunday, August 18, 2013

Where do I put a Bible app?

I like my phone.  I like that it lets me communicate with people.  I like that I can listen to books and music with it.  I like that I can play games, watch movies, access the internet, track my weight loss and work with documents.  I like apps…..too many apps.  Every once in awhile, I feel the need to organize my apps.  So far, I have twelve folders set up for my apps.  There are folders for books, connections, education, health, food, games, money, music, travel, utilities, visual, and productivity.  Herein lies my dilemma.  I have the YouVersion app.  If you’re not familiar with it, the app allows you to access several versions of the Bible, look at sermon notes from participating churches, read daily devotions, etc.  It’s an awesome app, but where do I put it in my organization? It’s more than just a book, so it doesn’t fit in that folder.  It does help me connect with God and other Christians, but I don’t think it quite fits with the purpose of that folder.  The Bible definitely is definitely essential on educating me in the ways of God, but that folder is more for things that I use in my classroom.  Without God, my health in every area of my life isn’t what it should be, but the apps in that folder are the ones that I use to stay on track with my weight loss.  It used to have the label “fat”, but I decided I needed a more positive approach to the situation.  The Bible is food for my spiritual life, but probably doesn’t fit with my apps for grocery lists and recipes.  The Christian walk is no game so that folder is out.  God requires good stewardship and should be the first consideration when deciding how I manage my money, but YouVersion doesn’t really fit in the money folder.  There are books in the Bible that are considered musical, but not really what I was thinking when I created that folder.  How about travel?  The Bible should guide every step that I take, but putting it with Mapquest and Googlemaps is probably a stretch.  The utilities folder is for those things that I use on occasion when I need them, but don’t they don’t really affect my life very much so that won’t work.  The Bible helps me see what God wants for and from me, but visual in this case is for things that I want to look at.  Productivity……hmmm……The Bible definitely helps me be productive.  It is the core of enabling me to live the life that God intended for me.  It encourages me to do more, be more, and love more.  Yep, I do believe that my Bible belongs in the productivity folder.  

No comments:

Post a Comment