Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Reminder to Myself

This week I had the displeasure of being outright dismissed…..no warning….no explanation.  For the last 6 months I have been communicating with a guy.  This was mostly texting with a few emails thrown in for good measure. In November, he assured me that we would have some phone dates…it never happened.  In December, he said he would call on Christmas…..it never happened.  In fact, the last message that I got from him Christmas night was positive…no indication that there was a problem.  Subsequent texts to him were unanswered so I decided to give him space.  After two weeks, I sent another message.  He replied to this one with basically a “Sorry, but not interested.”  Uhm what!!!!   I know what you’re thinking and trust me, I have thought the same thing over the past several days.  I see how totally pathetic I am to even put myself in the position to experience this situation.  I’ll wait for you to stop the laughing at the ridiculous notion of hope that I had……..Are you done?
I am so glad that God doesn’t dismiss me.  He will never leave me or forsake me.  He will never stop communicating with me.  He will never suddenly disappear, leaving me to wonder.  He will never make promises that He has no intention on keeping.  He is consistent and true and wants to have a relationship with me.  That’s a pretty hard act to follow, but I think I’ll wait for the man that can live up to those expectations.  After all, if Jesus thinks I’m to die for, I shouldn’t settle for anything less.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Brenda.....that is so very typical of a man tho. It just stinks. Your Dan was obviously and exception to that rule, as are a few others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was definitely blessed to have had someone that loved me like he did.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it is who I think you were talking to you could do waaaay better. The right guy will come along.

    ReplyDelete