Friday, January 4, 2013

Five in Fridays

1  I’m excited about second semester starting next week.  I continue to change and try new things in the classroom.  This year, I have the added challenge of planning to be gone for a couple of weeks when I have surgery.  It’s coming together, and I am confident that the students will be okay without me.

2  I’ve been trying out different protein drinks to get ready for surgery.  Some of them aren’t too bad, but others taste like feet.

3  Music is incredibly powerful.   Whether it’s a song that brings back smiles or a song that reminds me of pain, music defines those moments in my life when God has blessed me and been my strength.

4  Sometimes it takes drastic measures to accomplish a goal, but unless I am willing to take those steps, I won’t be successful. 

5  Sometimes it’s not so much the person that I miss as much as it is the experiences that the person represents.  I must constantly be aware that people change and move on and often that is the best gift that they can give me.

No comments:

Post a Comment