Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Letting go...again


Once again, I am faced with letting go.  This time it’s letting go of a friend that I have come to love and care for.  This friendship has been a great source of support and encouragement for me, but because of circumstances that have come about in his life, we can no longer engage in a friendship.  I don’t like letting go and I will miss him terribly.  As badly as this hurts right now, I know that it is the way that it has to be. 
In our walk with God, He requires that we let go of things.  In order to have the kind of relationship with Him that He wants, there are things that we have to give up.  There are things throughout the Bible that God is very clear about us not doing, but there are also times that He requires things that are specific to each of us.  He may ask us to let go of relationships.  He may ask us to let go of dreams.  He may ask us to let go of things that aren’t seen as sinful, but are somehow hampering our relationship with Him.  I think that those are the hardest to understand.  It doesn’t always make sense to us.  It does to God though. He can see the big picture and knows what is best.  We have to learn to trust Him and follow His leading….even when it doesn’t make sense….even when it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment