Friday, November 30, 2012

Five on Friday

     I had a nice Thanksgiving with my family.  As tradition has it, my Grandma prayed for the meal, or should I say tried.  She became emotional and the prayer was finished by someone else.  My mom asked her about it later.  Grandma said that she became emotional because this might be her last Thanksgiving.  Grandma is in relatively good health so there is no reason to worry.  It was a reminder that we aren’t promised tomorrow, so we need to cherish every minute that we have

This time of year brings back a lot of memories.  It was when Dan and I started dating. It was when we looked forward to our wedding that would be right after Christmas.  It was also when Dan’s health really got bad and there many lasts.  I am so blessed to have shared 9 years and 37 days with this man.

My Christmas tree is up.  Crystal will decorate it when she gets here in a couple of weeks. I can’t wait to have all of the kids home.  They are such incredibly awesome people.

My surgery is officially scheduled for February 13th.  I feel good about this decision.  This week, I bought a couple of pairs of jeans in smaller sizes in anticipation of what is to come……or go as the case may be.  Out of curiosity, I attempted to try them on.  They definitely did not fit.  I am looking forward to the day when I give the away because they are too big.

I love listening to Christmas music while I sew.  I sing along…..loudly….and harmonize.  

2 comments:

  1. Love you my friend! I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family! You are a blessing! I think you should make a jean quilt with all the too big sizes! Cutting them into small pieces would be SO therapuetic! Excited to follow your journey!!!!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you the best also. Will be praying for great outcomes for you in the New Year. I like the quilt from the old jeans idea. Would also like to see a revised blog title. Out with the old, in with the new. You certainly are not old and being labeled a "widow" will also become your past. You are remarkable and continue to amaze me with your remarkable posts. Cheers to you this holiday.

    ReplyDelete