Sunday, November 18, 2012

Hot Guy in Church


I saw a very attractive man this morning.  I don’t know who he is or even his marital status.  The attractiveness that I saw wasn’t based on physical appearance or even how he interacted with other people.  The attractiveness came from how he interacted with God.  You see, during a time of worship through music, I saw a man with his hands raised toward heaven, lost in worship.  For those of you who attend churches where this is the “norm”, you might not see this as a big deal.  Although, a person worshiping this way is certainly not unusual in my church, it is also not what you would see being done by a majority of the congregation.  This area, up until the last few years, has primarily been Norwegian and German……two cultures not readily known for their expression of emotion and expression of worship is often very private.  Maybe one of the good things to come out of the population explosion here is that our boundaries are being stretched in how we experience worship.  That’s a blog for another day, though.
It’s no secret that I desire to share my life with someone.  I am tempted at times to lower my standards to accomplish that.  I am thankful for reminders like the one that I got today, that any man who isn’t sold out to God in a way that causes him to be lost in worship, isn’t a man I should be with.  That doesn’t mean that he has to express his worship the same way as the man I saw this morning, but he must have a heart that seeks God.  That’s the man who will have my attention.  That’s the man I will worship with.  


No comments:

Post a Comment