Monday, March 28, 2011

The things I learned in 2008


The things I learned in 2008

by Brenda Hanson Holm on Thursday, January 1, 2009 at 8:21pm
It should come to no one's suprise that this has been the most challenging year of my life. I should say this far, because about the time I don't think things can get worse, God accepts the challenge and proves me wrong. 
I don't know if it's the teacher or the parent in me that constantly tries to find something to learn, but here I go again sorting through the past year. This is what I've learned. I'm hoping that 2009 brings easier lessons.
1. Nothing is certain. Whatever life you dream of can change in the time that it takes for a heart to beat....or not beat.
2. A time of crisis has a way of sorting out people and leaving those that you can depend on.
3. Support and encouragement can come from the most unexpected places and people.
4. Waterproof mascara is not optional.
5. Teenagers are much more understanding, compassionate, and caring than most people give them credit for.
6. Sometimes, the more I see "christians." the less I see Christ.
7. Grandchildren are amazing!!
8. I have the best kids and kids-in-law in the world. (This lesson constantly repeats itself.)
9. Situations and people aren't always what they appear to be.
10. It's important to exercise caution when you have to blow your nose and have a nose ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment