Monday, March 28, 2011

What I learned while I was home sick for 2 days

It was time for my annual Spring cold. It started on Sunday. I sucked it up and went to meetings on Monday, but had to to stay home on Tuesday and Wednesday. During that time, I learned a few things.
1. Daytime tv is fairly pointless. Even with digital cable.
2. I need to get my act together and not let life pass me by. I need to claim Jeremiah 29:11 and mean it! There is a future and a hope. No, I'm not moving or quitting my job. I just need to view my future with a better attitude and with a sense of hope.
3. This was the big one. I've been reading Karen Kingsbury books for a few years now. These books follow a family through joys and trials. Many of the situations presented in the books have also been in our lives. Last night I was very impressed by God to finish the book. I read about one of the characters life seeming to fall apart around her. She was praising God by singing. The quote that stuck out to me so clearly was “Praising God is an act of trust, a way of putting aside the cares and troubles of this world and looking to God alone”
Wow, did I need that!! I have to praise God and let go of the cares and troubles that hold me back. I need to allow myself to feel things other than pain and sorrow. I need to...no, I will praise God and let Him figure out the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment