Monday, March 28, 2011

What I learned in 2009


What I learned in 2009.

by Brenda Hanson Holm on Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 10:11pm
It's reflection time again. As I look back at the last year, I think of the things that I have learned and the things that I have been reminded of. 

1. My kids continue to amaze me. The strength, wisdom, resilience, and compassion that they personify is a constant reminder of the person that their dad was. The legacy that lives on in them will change this world for eternity. I love you guys more than I ever thought it was possible to love someone. 

2. I am so incredibly blessed to have such wonderful women marry my sons. Meagan, Danae, Dani, and Allison, you are integral parts of what makes us a family. Thank you so much for who you are. 

3. As each of my children continue to find their place in the world, I am reminded that they don't belong to me. I am often asked if I worry about my kids and I have to honestly say, No....most of the time. These children are on loan to me and God is going to accomplish His will in their lives. There are times that I have to consciously choose this attitude but I know it's necessary because I never want my fears to keep them from reaching for their dreams. 

4. WOW!!!! Grandbabies are the coolest idea ever!!!! 

5. Maybe it's my advancing age or change in perspective, but I am finding that love isn't enough. I hope that doesn't shock anyone. I've just seen that with the words, there has to be action...even when it's difficult or inconvenient or takes a little effort. It is also important to know when love isn't enough and it's time to let go. 

6. There are times that you have to push forward...even baby steps count. 

7. I need to quit wasting money on hopeless ventures. There are much better uses for that money....like fabric. 

8. It's ok to spoil myself once in awhile. 

9. I need to take more pictures. 

10. It's time....for a lot of things. 

Thank you to all those that made 2009 a year to remember! 

No comments:

Post a Comment